These are not as healthy as maybe having a banana instead, but they are perfect for you have have a craving for something sweet but don't want to ruin your daily caloric intake or your clean eating habits. I love knowing exactly what went into my food and homemade options are always the best!
- 1 1/2 Cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3 Bananas, Mashed
- 2/3 Cup Agave Nectar
- 2 Egg Whites, lightly beaten
- 1/3 Cup Olive-Oil Based Margarine, melted
- Pam Cooking Spray
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 10 muffins cups with Pam or line with muffin papers, or if you're like me - do both.
- In a large bowl, mix together the bananas, agave nectar, egg whites, and butter. In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Fold in until flour is moistened and ingredients are blended.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, about half way.
- Bake at 375 for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool, and enjoy!