Every once in a while I have to throw some meat into my diet aside from chicken and fish. The fiance truly appreciates those nights, and I like him better when he's happy - and full! This super easy Crockpot recipe is prepared in mere minutes and simmers all day, making for a delicious and easy dinner. The best part is you can play with the seasonings and veggies to your taste and what's in season.
Serving Size: 2
- 2 Lean Boneless Pork Chops
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, julienned
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, julienned
- 1/2 White Onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 Cup Baby Carrots
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper
- If possible, marinate pork chops with pepper, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar in a zip-lock bag. In a separate bag, do the same with the peppers and carrots.
- Assemble half of the carrots, peppers, and onions on the bottom of the Crockpot.
- Place marinated pork chops atop the bed of veggies.
- Cover pork chops with remaining vegetables.
- Cook on high for 6 hours, depending on your slow cooker. Pork chops should reach 160 degrees F.
- Serve with brown rice or quinoa and ENJOY!